New to toddler party planning? Although it's not rocket science, here are Top Ten tips and helpful advice from moms in the know:
1. Enlist the help of as many adults as possible.
2. Keep your sanity by observing the golden rule of invites: "kids age + 1" ( 4 guests for 3-year-olds, 5 guests for 4-year-olds, etc.).
3. Get the birthday boy or girl involved from the very start and treat them to a party theme (Dora, Backyardigans) that you know they will love.
4. Have plenty of coloring pages, crayons and sticker books on hand for activities.
5. Remember that 3-year-olds have attention spans of 3-year-olds. Keep party games and activities short and sweet.
6. Arrange for party games where everyone wins something or get ready for crying jags and, at worst, full blown meltdowns.
7. Observe the Finger Foods: pizza, chicken fingers, cupcakes, gummy bears.
8. Make pinatas and/or scavenger hunts a party ritual.
9. Make guests feel special with a party favor, and lead them happily to the door.
10. Say Thank You for coming.
More about toddler party planning around the Web: